Sunday, 20 June 2010

Update/Ramble

Hey girls, really sorry I’ve been quiet on the blogging side of things this week. I’ve had one of those weeks...

Yesterday me and my boyfriend split up. I feel like I’ve lost my best friend, the person I shared everything about my life with and the person I felt completely comfortable with. Right now I can’t imagine how anyone else will ever be good enough or will share the same kind of connection as we had. Deep down I know it’s for the best and in the long run will make me happier but it’s going to take some time to get used to the whole thing. I knew it was coming and it wasn’t really a shock but to be honest right now that doesn’t make things any easier. I know I’m not the first person to feel like this and I’m sure a lot of you can empathise with me. I know times a healer so I just need to be patient.

On a positive note, I had an interview on Wednesday for a marketing internship which is what I studied at university. It’s only a temporary position but I’m giving up my permanent job to do it. ‘She must be mad’ I bet you are all thinking. But I think this is just something I need to do. I’ve been trying to get a job in marketing for over a year now and have failed. I feel that this experience is exactly what I need to help me get to where I want to be. I’m at a stage in my life where if I was unemployed for a while it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I live at home and have very few ‘essential’ outgoings. I’ve been finding it hard to fit job hunting around my current job anyway because it’s the last thing I feel like doing when I get home from work. The only bad thing is that it’s in the town where my now ex-boyfriend lives and a part of me just wants to be able to leave that part of my life behind.

So I handed in my notice at work on Friday, feels kind of strange if I’m being honest. I feel like everything’s going to change for me over the next couple of months and nothing is going to feel the same. I’m not sure how this makes me feel... a little uneasy I guess. I know I’ve just got to go for it though and make the most of everything that’s thrown my way.

Sorry if this was a really boring ramble and well done if you got to the end of it!

Hope you are all ok. Much love, Laura xxx

4 comments:

  1. Awwh, I'm so sorry to hear about your break up. Its never easy but I hope everything works out for you!
    Thats fantastic about an internship! Temporary work could always lead to permanent work. I think your very brave for leaving your current job but sometimes a risk is worth taking!
    Chin up hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your break up- even if you feel that it's for the best it doesn't make it any easier. Hope you have lots of lovely people around you.

    The internship sounds great! I would definitely go for it, especially as you're living at home. I think you'd really regret it if you didn't. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this could have been written by me!i split up with my boyfriend this week too and i feel exactly the same, i know it is for the best but he i'm scared of losing my best friend and never finding someone i get on with as well again
    hope you feel better soon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the breakup, even if you know its coming it doesn't make it any easier.

    I wish I had the guts to change my job like you! Its such a brave thing to do and with everything else going on too.

    You go Girl!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment. I love hearing from you all. :)