Friday 19 June 2009

REVIEW: John Frieda Luxurious Volume

My hair is naturally fine, flat and lacks volume. I started using John Frieda luxurious volume products about 7 months and they have transformed the way I wear my hair. I have so many compliments on my hair since i started using these products.

Before and After:


Thickening Mousse:

Claim: ‘The alcohol free formulation helps boost volume and fullness to even the finest hair. With added heat protection the mousse builds volume by lifting hair from the roots, making hair feel fuller and gives a flexible, natural hold that it perfect for hair that’s difficult to style’.

Verdict: I actually think this is the pivotal product in creating volume. I never thought I could achieve volume in my hair but this product is really great. The volume lasts all day and even into the next day. This product doesn’t feel too heavy however, I’d say the only downside to this product is that if you get too much concentrated in one area it can feel a bit sticky, but as long as the product is distributed evenly it avoids this problem.

Thickening Blow Dry Lotion:

Claim: ‘ Thickens the hair shaft to boost volume and give fullness on even the finest hair. Contains a unique heat shielf technology that products the hair from heat styling.’

Verdict: This is great blow drying spray. I would say if you are looking for a product that won’t make your hair feel like it has loads of product in it but you still want to achieve some volume, this is the product. The fact that it has heat protection in it is an added bonus for me because it means I don’t have to worry about adding an extra product to my hair. I think this and the mousse work perfectly together.

Thickening Texture Paste:


Claims: ‘Helps hold onto style by allowing you to achieve great texture and definition for short or long layers. Helps sculpt the hair and protects against fly-aways and contains sunscreen for added protection.’

Verdict: This is my most recent purchase of the range. The paste is thick enough to create definition and volume but light enough to keep your hair looking natural. This is a product I don’t use every day, I usually use it if I feel my hair is lacking volume or when I’m going out. You can create a really messy and voluminous style if desired or it can just be used to help define layers.


Would I re-purcahse the products?
I have already re-purchased the mousse and spray at least three times so I would definitely recommend them both. If you were going to buy one product from the range I would probably say the mousse. I am still on my first pot of the texture paste; I will see how I feel about re-purchasing it when I have finished it because it's not a product i use all the time. If you really like texture or a messed up style I would definitely recommend it.

Stay Beautiful xXx



2 comments:

  1. Economy will collapse! Stock UP on food and water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review thanks!

    darkhighfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment. I love hearing from you all. :)